Zen Vuong is a multimedia journalist and columnist for the Los Angeles News Group, a family of nine newspapers that includes the Los Angeles Daily News and the Daily Breeze. She is based at the Pasadena Star-News, but her work is often picked up by sister newspapers and websites.
Vuong covers Alhambra, Monterey Park, Temple City, San Marino and South Pasadena. Aside from reporting about city council, school districts and goings-on in these West San Gabriel Valley cities, she also specializes in a few areas.
- Asian issues
- Veteran features
- Reporting with new media such as Storify
- Filming and producing video
Her published work spans the spectrum — from blogs to lifestyle magazines to dailies. The following are samples of some of her work at LANG.
- The Fung Brothers explain Asian life in the 626
- Zen Report column: Life as an outsider; acceptance is a struggle
- Pasadena woman wins equal veteran benefits for her spouse; Obama administration orders nation to follow suit
- Alhambra WWII vet, former POW returns from his trip to Austria
- Storify: ‘Monkey Style’ at In-N-Out Burger: Fact or fiction?
- Long Beach Chorale merges with two other groups for weekend performances of ‘Carmina Burana’
When not wearing her journalism hat, Zen enjoys hiking, watching Korean dramas dubbed in Mandarin and eating ice cream.